This survey is designed in order to maximize interest and minimize the time it might take us to create a Buzzfeed-type quiz where an anonymous algorithm assigns to you a random and completely arbitrary ranking or identity. None of that means anything. Instead we’re requesting that you read and reply by copying and pasting the questions into the comment back along with your T/F response. Please let us know where you’re living (without getting into specifics like addresses or PO box numbers). Finally, please accept our sincere thanks for actually responding.
If you’d like some reference material related to civil behavior, you might like to check out this list written by George Washington.
Where you live, true or false:
- The police are not viewed as enemies.
- The police don’t view civilians (even some civilians) as the enemy.
- It is possible to get an appointment to see your doctor in a timely fashion.
- Your neighbors pick up after themselves, whether it be garbage, papers, dog poop, or towels at the gym.
- Road rage is a relatively rare occurrence.
- Hearing “please” and “thank you” is a relatively common occurrence.
- People return phone calls, emails or text messages in a timely fashion.
- People are tolerant of their fellow citizens’ differences.
- People are more accepting of uncontrollable forces of nature.
- Drivers yield to pedestrians, pedestrians mind the bicycles, bicyclists mind pedestrians, and everyone watches out for kids and dogs.
- Parents, teachers and school administrators aren’t at odds.
- Local community meetings are open and well attended.
- The locals have elected to their country’s governing body someone whose idea of good governance is to oppose, subvert, embarrass, harass and harangue the opposition.